In this 6 day 50 hour Teacher Training you will learn the fundamentals of teaching& practicing Yin Yoga.
This course provides a solid foundation of practice and philosophy and teaching methodology in order to understand the postures, their variations and modifications. You will learn the concepts of the various skeletal segments, how important fascia is and the importance of the pose specific target areas.
As Yoga has become more and more popular in the West, Yang yoga has become the far more dominant form of practice. Whilst Yang Yoga is powerful, healing and important, we strongly feel that Yin Yoga is equally crucial in order to achieve a truly balanced and homeostatic way of life. Universally, Yang cannot exist without Yin and viceversa. Our bodies both physical and energetic, obey this Universal Law. Sacred balance is physically and metaphysically achieved through the regular practice of Yang and Yin Yoga in similar proportions.
Who is this for?
- Yoga teachers who wish to offer Yin Yoga classes
- Students who love yin yoga and wish to know more about the practice
- Experienced yoga instructors looking for new information and ongoing training
- New instructors looking for guidance and support
- Anyone who loves Yin Yoga
When does the course start?
whenever you are ready
- 2x 90 minutes Yoga practice
- 2 hours Video Lectures
- 3 hours Selfstudy including a Quiz
- 30 minutes Homework
In this course we will cover:
- What is Yin Yoga? The Origin & History
- Yin intentions and principles
- Yin Anatomy – Bio-mechanics of Yin Yoga on the body
- Physical and energetic theory and benefits of Yin Yoga asana
- Mental & physical benefits of Yin
- Intro into chakras & Meridians
- Breathing techniques for Yin
- The Yin Asanas & their modifications & contraindications
- Counterposes and why they are so important
- The art of teaching: How to hold space, Yin Sequencing , adjustments and use of props for Yin
- Guided meditations, Pranayama and Yoga Nidra
- The course is Yoga Alliance certified. Yoga instructors currently registered with Yoga Alliance will be able to use this course for continuing education credits.
- Upon completing the course quiz and after teaching your own 60min yin yoga class live (depends which timezone) or recorded you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
- Openine Cacao Ceremony
- regulary Zoom Meetings with the Group to exchange and to Discuss
- 12 recorded themed yin classes
- Daily recorded satsang videos
- A in depth printable yin yoga manual (pdf)
- Teacher and community support : A Personal one on one zoom meeting and acess to online yin yoga community
- Unlimited acess to the learning platform